QUINCE: THE DEFINITIVE BILINGUAL EDITION
The Quince: The Definitive Bilingual Edition oversized hardcover will collect the full English and Spanish editions of the Eisner Award-nominated comic book series by writer Kit Steinkellner (Sorry for Your Loss), illustrator Emma Steinkellner (The Okay Witch), creator Sebastian Kadlecik (Penguins vs. Possums), and translator Valeria Tranier (The Maze Runner). Quince follows a year in the life of Lupe, a 15-year-old girl who discovers that her quinceañera brings with it a super cool party . . . and superpowers. Her quince powers only last as long as she’s fifteen, so over the course of this rollercoaster year, we follow the adventures of Lupe as she figures out what it really means to be a hero.
The hardcover will feature all-new bonus material, including:
- forewords by Gloria Calderón Kellett (Executive Producer/Showrunner/Director/Actor, One Day at a Time) and Peter Murrieta (Executive Producer/Showrunner/Writer, Mr. Iglesias),
- an academic essay by Frederick Luis Aldama (Distinguished University Professor and Eisner Award-winning author of Latinx Superheroes in Mainstream Comics),
- a study guide by Dr. Theresa Rojas (Professor, Modesto Junior College),
- an art gallery by artists/cartoonists Javier Hernandez (El Muerto), Sabrina Cintron (The Witches’ Grimoire, La Borinqueña), Malena Bonilla (Twitter: @Malbondesigns, Instagram: @malbondesigns), and Jose Cabrera,
- a new cover by Emma Steinkellner, and
- a heartfelt letter to the reader by creator Sebastian Kadlecik.
Quince: The Definitive Bilingual Edition will launch at Long Beach Comic Expo 2020 to be held in Long Beach, CA, from January 11-12, 2020, and the book’s official release date will be Wednesday, January 15, 2020. The hardcover will retail for $39.99 and is now available for pre-order through Fanbase Press with the following pre-order exclusives:
- The Hot Cheetos Choice: Order before November 1, 2019, to receive the discounted purchase price of $34.99, PLUS an exclusive print signed buy the creative team AND a limited edition enamel pin!
- The Awesome Abuela Special: Order before December 1, 2019, to received the discounted purchase price of $34.99 PLUS an exclusive print signed by the creative team!
- The Hot Devin Bonus: Order before December 15, 2019, to receive the discounted purchase price of $34.99!
“We have been extraordinarily honored to provide a home to Quince and to share Sebastian, Kit, and Emma’s story with readers around the world,” shared Fanbase Press Editor-in-Chief Barbra Dillon. “Having the added opportunity of bringing the Spanish-language version to print in conjunction with creators like Gloria Calderón Kellett, Peter Murrieta, and Frederick Luis Aldama is truly a dream come true.”
More information on Quince may be found at www.QuinceComic.com or www.fanbasepress.com, as well as on Facebook and Twitter (@QuinceComic).
Fanbase Press is thrilled to announce its second 10th anniversary title, the creator-owned, 6-issue comic book series, Nuclear Power, written by Desirée Proctor and Erica Harrell (Telltale Games’ The Walking Dead: Michonne, DC Comics New Talent Showcase 2017) and illustrated by Lynne Yoshii (DC's Gotham City Garage, Inside the Loop, DC Comics New Talent Showcase 2017):
October of 1962. The Cold War between the US and the Soviet Union is at its peak when the unthinkable happens: nuclear war. Sixty years later, the remaining 13 states rose from the ashes to form the American Union, governed by the authoritarian Joint Chiefs of Staff and protected by a border wall to keep out nuclear radiation . . . and the individuals who were enhanced by it. Nuclear Power is a darkly poignant alternate history tale that posits the lengths to which a government will go to protect (or deceive) its citizens. When the Joint Chiefs’ dark secrets are revealed, will survivors on both sides of the wall join forces to fight for their right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, or will their differences forever divide them?
“As two women with Cuban mothers, the Cuban Missile crisis affected our families in many ways and was a big inspiration for the story,” notes writers Proctor and Harrell. “The series blends our love of history with our love of comic books and science fiction. We hope readers enjoy reading it as much as we enjoyed writing it.”
Issues #1-6 of the comic book series will be released digitally through ComiXology starting in October 2020. In addition, the series will be collected into a printed trade paperback for a 2021 release. The Nuclear Power trade paperback will retail for $19.99 and is now available for pre-order through Fanbase Press. Pre-orders made by January 1, 2021, will receive exclusive signed prints of the single issue covers, as well as an Issue #1 variant cover, signed by the creative team.
“I'm excited about having the opportunity to work with such talented writers as Desiree and Erica,” adds Yoshii.
More information on Nuclear Power may be found at www.NuclearPowerComic.com or www.fanbasepress.com, as well as on Facebook and Twitter (@NuclearPwrComic).
“Everyone at Fanbase Press is overjoyed to reach a decade of ‘celebrating fandoms and creating new ones,’” notes Fanbase Press President Bryant Dillon. “The release of these exciting, new titles in 2020 will continue the company’s tradition of publishing impactful and meaningful stories for readers of all interests and ages.”
Stay tuned for more information regarding Fanbase Press’ 10th anniversary celebration by visiting www.fanbasepress.com, follow us on Facebook and Twitter (@Fanbase_Press), or subscribe to our newsletter.